Sunday, April 25, 2010

Support System

When you think about working out, do you think about doing it on your own or with a group?? When you think about what you are planning for dinner, are you planning for yourself or for more than one?? These are simple questions, but they are bringing up a point that I want to make. When you are trying to manage your weight and health, don't you find it easier and more supportive when you have a support system in place or someone else to work at it with you. I know that I do....That is why I have found that I really enjoy blogging on this topic. For me weight management is soooo stressful and it's a daily, everyday process in choice making. What am I planning to eat today, when am I planning to get in exercise, what type, and for how long....
I have found that by having the friends, family, and network system in place it can help me to stay motivated and encouraged. Especially with exercise - I live within three miles of my parents who are starting to get into their "golden years" and I want to make sure they stick around for as long as possible. So, when I am over there I will talk my Dad into taking hikes up at the park, playing catch with a softball, going for walks around the block, or helping to mow/do lawn work. These activities done with them encourages not only me, but keeps my parents moving and active.
Another big thing is when I go out to dinner, I like going out with my friends who know what a struggle food choices are for me. They help me by encouraging me with eating healthy foods while I eat healthy foods. Thus, we keep each other going and making good choices. Weight management isn't easy, but it makes it more fun/something you can live with if you have the friends and family in your life that will work at it with you. So, while you read this blog I hope you realize that I am here for you and will continue to encourage you because we are all trying to live a healthy lifestyle together!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to have a good support system in place with both eating and working out. I have to admit there are those rare moments I think that eating healthy would be easier if I just had to worry about me. Sometimes I just want a salad for dinner but I still have to fix dinner for the entire family. Then I remember that I would probably eat worse if I didn't have a family to cook for.
    So awesome that your family is close by that you can help them and get some sunshine with them. I am sure it helps keep them motivated as well.

    ReplyDelete